GMCFA provides extra -curricular football and English lessons for Chinese students in China, designed to develop their sporting talents alongside their English language proficiency.
Football and Use of English
The programme is centred around engagement and enjoyment, creating a fun environment for students to foster a lifelong passion for sport and help promote leadership, teamwork, self-discipline and sportsmanship.
The students will learn basic football technical skills, laws of the game, discover their own interest and talents. The programme develops the students’ English communication skills through interactive football lessons. Our professional bilingual English teacher will provide worksheets and study notes to help students to consolidate the English vocabulary and sentence structures learnt in the lessons and further develop their reading comprehension skills. These English skills will not only be useful for improving their academic achievements, but also effective in boosting their confidence in using English in all social interactions.
All of our coaches and teachers are professional and fully-qualified. They are experienced in delivering age-appropriate coaching based on the long-term student development model in a safe, friendly and fun environment.
Our English programme is carefully designed by following the framework and scheme of work from the Key Stages (KS) of the UK National Curriculum blended with the theme-based teaching approach. Students taking this programme will have an experience of learning English in a more ‘authentic’ way. It will help lay a strong English foundation for students to further their studies overseas or excel in the workplace in the future.
After the completion of the programme, students are expected to:
1) read easily, fluently and with good understanding;
2) develop the habit of reading widely for both pleasure and information;
3) acquire a wide vocabulary, an understanding of grammar and knowledge of linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language;
4) write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style in and for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences;
5) use discussions in order to learn, make formal presentations, and should be able to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas.
To find out more about our extra -curricular football and English programmes, contact us to discuss how we can build a bespoke programme around your kids or school needs.